Every two years, the International Workshop on WM (IWWM) brings together worldwide experts to share their latest understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of WM. It promotes “targeted research, clinical care methods, education, training, and advocacy for Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia”.
A report summarizing the presentations at the conference has been published, and is available at https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12254-023-00876-3 — click on the “Download PDF” box on the right.
The chapters include summaries of presentations under the topics:
- New insights into BTKi treatment of Waldenström’s macroglobulinemia
- Management of WM patients previously exposed to BTK-inhibitors
- BTK inhibition in Waldenström’s macroglobulinemia: trial updates and biomarker analysis
- Emergent BTKi treatments in WM
- Latest updates on BTKi-treatment in WM
But be warned that this is a summary of the technical papers from a 3-day conference, condensed into less than 19 pages. It may not be an easy read!
The very last page (which looks like an advertisement), however, contains links to three “Ask the Doctor” video sessions, recorded with Dr. Roger Owen (UK), Dr. Jorge Castillo (DFCI), and Dr. Steven Treon (DFCI).